Monday, September 29, 2014

Rememberance Day



29th September 2014

Today is National Police Remembrance day for the brave and selfless officers who lost their lives defending our rights as citizens to live in peace and safety.  They are true heroes who deserve to be recognised and I ask that if you can’t march with them then at least give them a minutes silence out of respect and thanks.  I personally salute them for their sacrifices and offer my heartfelt condolences to all of their families.  Lest we forget.  Having said that there is a particular element in all Police Forces in my mind particularly the Qld Police Force which has a rogue element using their badges and guns as a licence to kill or murder and is supported by the mateship mentality of the Qld Government and Qld Police hierarchy.
On 17th April 2012 my son Jason was shot twice in the back of his body and died at the hands of Qld Police Officer Detective Thomas Hess from Carseldine Police station.  At the Coronial Inquest Coroner Michael Barnes found that Detective Thomas Hess acted within the grounds of the law despite the overwhelming evidence that my son was unarmed.  In a cowardly and unprecedented move five days after the closing of the inquest he then went on to gag the evidence so the public could never hear the true version of the events that transpired that fateful day.
There is a group called Australian Police Watch which was set up for victims of crime by Police.  I became aware of this organisation after my son’s death and recently I received an invitation to attend a Police Victims Remembrance Day on Sunday October 26, 2014.  Never did I know that I myself or my family would become victims of crime by Police, Police Hierarchy and the Qld Government.  I urge all Australians to read not only my blog site but to support this Police Victims Remembrance day to support all the victims of police crime and cover ups.  From the outset I said my resolve would never waiver and it hasn’t nor will it.  There is a state election looming in March 2015, I intend to bring my son’s death to the forefront of this election and make Campbell Newman and his Government accountable for what they are refusing to do about genuine complaints about the Qld Police Force. 
In closing, lest we forget our fallen Police Officers and lest we forget my son Jason and lest we forget the victims of Police Crime and lest we forget what this government has done to protect the citizens from the rogue elements that I have spoken about.           

Yours Faithfully


Stephen Protheroe

No comments:

Post a Comment