Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Letter to followers 19-8-2015



19th August 2015
I’d like to apologise for not being as forthcoming as I’d like to be with our followers but the unfortunate truth is that we are under a non-publication order with most of this case.  As you would be aware we recently lost our private prosecution case of murder/manslaughter against Thomas Hess within the Brisbane Magistrates Court.  Let me make it perfectly clear this decision did not find Thomas Hess Not Guilty of the murder/manslaughter of my son Jason, it was purely about whether I had the right as a lay person to bring charges against this Qld Police Officer.  His Qld Police Union legal team were successful in winning that argument, but that is all and because I as a lay person was unsuccessful in my bid the charge was dismissed.  We have spent time as a family determining what our next step would be in our fight for justice for Jason.  Make no mistake that I believe that Detective Thomas Hess was given many pats on the back and full support from his Police gang mates but I will not be silenced, I will not just lay down and accept their decision.  This Queensland Police officer needs to be made to stand trial.  Thomas Hess needs to face an independent jury like any lay person and be tested, have all the evidence that has been gagged tried and tested within a court of law.  Some people have asked me why I can’t just let this go and my answer is that this is not just about my son, it’s about the Police force as a whole, it’s about the next person that dies at their hands questionably.  I am a 60 year old man, father of 5 and a grandfather of 12 and this has happened to me and it could happen to anyone.  I’m not saying that every Police officer who shoots someone is a murderer but I am saying it does happen and too many people accept what is said and move on.  I refuse to allow this to continue, “the law needs to change” and somebody needs to stand up and change the way this government deals with Police who think they are above the law.  If he is so innocent why are they so afraid of putting him on trial.  It’s not just about what has been done to my son, it’s about the cover up that followed, the lies, the deception of the police, Ian Leavers, Qld Police Union, Crime and misconduct Commission, Ethical standards, the attorney general, the premier, the police commissioner, the police minister.  Every single one of these people have received letters from me and they don’t respond, why?  Because they are too scared to respond or they have no answers for me.  In my opinion the public abuse from Ian Leavers started on 17th April 2012 when my son was killed, he didn’t care about justice as he spoke malicious lies all over the media and continued with this attack including saying I had filed private prosecution charges of murder/manslaughter against Thomas Hess describing it as a whim.  A whim I say is defined as a sudden desire or change of mind that is unusual or unexplained.  My resolve has been going on for 3 years and 4 months and there has been no change.  His ego is bigger than Ayers Rock, he took an oath to serve and protect and the only thing he has ever done is serve and protect himself. in my opinion this man is one of the most unconscionable, egotistical grubs I have ever had the misfortune of having to speak about.  In my opinion if the decision made by the Brisbane Magistrates Court on 27th July 2015  wasn’t one of the most dishonest court decisions ever made than I believe the only other reason can only be ignorance and fear by the Magistrate.  Make no mistake if this case ever goes to court the Qld Police Union with its grubby leader will amass their gang forces into solidarity against the truth as I believe they did in the Cameron Doomagee versus Chris Hurley trial.  In my opinion anyone who knows that case knows that too much force was used by Qld Police.  I’ve never suggested or wanted that we burn down Carseldine Police station or start riots in the street.  I put my faith in a police system that I believed was unbiased against finding the truth, I now know better.  It is clearly against the truth when it comes to protecting their own.  
In my opinion the Police shot the wrong man’s son they thought I would just accept everything they said without question, trust them and believe that my son deserved what he got.  We are a family who trusted in the Police, we always respected them and we knew our son was no angel.  We now know that the Police gang mentality must be stopped.  This state deserves an honest police force not a police gang.  I appeal to all genres, our children/grandchildren deserve honesty and integrity.
I want you to look at this photo.  It is a photo of Jason’s mother, myself and one of our son’s pulling up at the crime scene.  As we exited the car a Qld Police Officer approached us and told us to “fuck off or we would all be arrested”.  This was the very start of the cover up and protection of one of their own and it has been going on ever since, so has the pain in the hearts of our family. We are not just voices we are a family seeking the unbiased truth.

Before the end of this week I intend to lodge an appeal in the Supreme Court against the decision made by Justice Sheridan in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on 27th July 2015.  I pray that the Supreme Court Judges have a better moral code and are less fearful and ignorant than what was displayed by Justice Sheridan’s decision.  I have no personal vendetta against Justice Sheridan, he made his decision and he must live with it.  On closing I’d like to propose a toast (here’s to those who wish us well, and those who don’t can go to hell).  On second thoughts I don’t want them to go to hell I want them to stay the hell away from me and my family.
Yours Faithfully
Steve Protheroe   

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for what you've had to go thru.

    There are similarities with palm island. And differences.

    The union lies. The gag orders. Media just regurgitated their stories. Cover-up. Truth kept leaking out.

    Then there was the class action against the police response on palm island. Courts found the police did wrong in their response, heavy handed, without reasonable cause. Big payouts to the wrongfully arrested... 11 years after the fact.

    Lex Wotton was asked if he was proud of his actions. He said yes. Which part. Everything.

    But it cost him.

    Like it costs you.

    I have a great deal of respect for Mr Wotton, who I've never met.

    Sam Watson points out the CJC/CMC/CCC has never brought a criminal charge against an officer for assault against an indigenous person. Useless.

    I guess the indigenous are about 200 years ahead of you and I.

    I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete