Saturday, September 29, 2012

Letter to CMC


30th September 2012
Ref No: MI-12-1527/MDP
Att: Dianne McFarlane – Director
Mark Pollock
I refer to your letter dated 17th August 2012 in relation to my concerns about Mr Ian Leavers, Queensland Police Union of Employees President.  In this letter you stated that the CMC has considered this matter in detail.  On the available information the allegation, if proved, amount to Police misconduct.  You stated that the Police Commissioner has primary responsibility to deal with Police misconduct, the matter is considered appropriate for the QPS to deal with, subject the CMC’s monitoring role.  Since our initial communications there has been a further development which I wish to include in my complaint.
On Thursday 30th August 2012 I did a radio interview with Steve Austin on ABC 612 and Ian Leavers Queensland Police Union of Employees President also did an interview following mine, I have attached a link to the transcript of the interviews for you to listen to.  http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2012/08/family-asks-questions-over-sons-death-.html
After Mr Leavers made allegations on this programme that there was evidence available to vindicate the officers involved I released to channel nine news these Facebook photograph’s that had not been made public as far as I am aware.  These photo’s consisted of photos of Jason and some others taken quite some time before Jason’s death of them having a replica pistol, I had handed them to Ethical Standards as part of their investigation.  Once again after these photos were released via channel nine news Mr Leavers once again went on National Nine news and made more statements.  Unfortunately there is no link to the news story but we do have a recording of the news that night if you should wish to view it.
My concerns I wish to add to my complaint include Mr Leavers interview on ABC 612 and channel nine news, I have never stated that there is a cover up.  He yet again has tainted the evidence by the remarks he made during these interviews.  I would like a response from you as to how the investigation into his misconduct is proceeding and also if you are going to investigate these new allegations.
Yours Sincerely

Stephen Protheroe

No comments:

Post a Comment