Saturday, August 24, 2013


25th August 2013

Att: Peter Johns

 

Dear Peter

I am writing yet again regarding the outstanding issues that remain from Jason’s inquest.  I have sent many emails to you, I have made many phone calls to you and I am yet to receive any satisfactory response.  The outstanding issues are:

1)      The evidence that we have requested so that we can proceed with this case.  On July 19th 2013 I received a response from you which stated I've asked that process of disposal or destruction of items be ceased until I can discuss this with the new State Coroner. He is still settling in but I will try to take him through the details early next week.  I have received no information since this email from you.

2)      The gag order that Coroner Michael Barnes placed on this inquest on 19th June 2013 after his findings were handed down on 14th June 2013 5 days earlier.  The Coroners act states that gag orders must be done immediately.  We spoke with you about this being lifted as I challenge that it is even legal to do this after 5 days.  I am yet to hear back from you with regard to this.

I am also extremely disappointed at your very obvious abandonment of this case and this family’s concerns as to what took place.  I know you may be concerned for your own position but I would have thought that a man in your position should show integrity for the truth rather than fear. 

Yours Sincerely

 

Stephen Protheroe

No comments:

Post a Comment