Saturday, August 24, 2013


25th August 2013

Ref No: MI-13-1462/GOA

Att: Dianne McFarlane – Director

Dear Dianne

I refer to your letter dated 19th August 2013 in relation to my concerns about Inspector Mark Reid.  In this letter you refer to a letter that you sent to me dated 20th June 2013.  I have never received a letter from you on that date, In fact the last letter received from the CMC was dated 23rd October 2012.  Could you please urgently arrange for a copy of the letter dated 20th June 2013 and any others I have not received to be sent to me ASAP. 

I have also attached a copy of another letter that I sent to you on 30th September 2012 which I have never received a response to and I would appreciate being advised of the status of the investigation into the conduct of Mr Ian Leavers.

I take these matters very seriously and I do not intend to stop my plight until a result is achieved.  Just recently another police shooting occurred in Coolum and Mr Leavers once again appeared on national news saying very similar things as he had said in Jason’s case.  The same things that during Jason’s inquest he said he had learnt from and had changed his ways and yet here he is basically doing the same thing once again.  Mr Leavers once again was not at the scene when this incident happened and therefore has no right to make statements to the media to protect or pervert the actions of these officers involved.  As I have said in the past I believe this man to be unconscionable.  He needs to be held accountable, he may use the same excuse he used at my son’s hearing that silence is deadly but I believe his words are even more deadly. 

Yours Sincerely

 

Stephen Protheroe

No comments:

Post a Comment